Winching across South Africa
What about to fly over parched pans, salt lakes, look into the desert of Namibia, and to the mountains of Lesotho, fly along the Orange River, glow at the edge of the Kalahari desert and chase the wild winds ... These desires joined several pilots, who are just trying to fly across South Africa from the Atlantic to the Indian ocean. (---corrected machine translation---)
- Part 1 - Springbok
- Part 2 - Aggeneys - diamonds, copper, lead and Namibia
- Part 3 - Pofadder - in semi-desert
- Part 4 - Kakamas - Great Karoo overflying
- Part 5 - Prieska - we have a problem
- Part 6 - waste land and pans
- Part 7 - how to depart from the De Aar
- Part 8 - Collesberg - Stephen Entertainment
- Part 9 - in the Dragon mountains
- Part 10 - above the Zulu
- Useful information
Part 1 - Springbok
From the winners declaration of funny PG race "Moravia Carboy" we fly directly to Africa, where we meet Martin and his shiny Mercedes.
After acclimatization in DeAar and thorough topographical preparation with Arnold, we leave to Springbok - the city on the northwest edge
of South Africa where we meet with our Dutch friends, Pierre and Hugo.
We have to start testing techniques as well as us winch operators on the local airport. Long to the night, there is flight planning in inscrutable wind and feared sea breeze in the airport bar (NASA).
This morning we were woke up by a rumble of motor of hang gliders and smiling faces of local pilots Dianne and Janine. Even with sleepy eyes they are flying with us above the airport and let us drive for a while. It is totally new experience for us slow non-engine pilots.
Before it starts blowing, we are hurry up into the air on our wings.
But it is not so easy in the stable air. We aren't able to fly too far, so we have to try it next day. Meanwhile, we can look at the Atlantic at least.
- mňauTĚ :: KOCUR :: 27.12.2008 * 23:04
- mooc pěkné :: charlie :: 28.12.2008 * 09:11
- proč chodit , když můžeš lítat.... :: vlekař - Karel :: 30.12.2008 * 08:53
- mňaiTĚ :: KOCUR :: 30.12.2008 * 17:58
- Přeletěli, přežili, jedeme domů... :: veetek :: 30.12.2008 * 19:07
- Výborná reportáž :: placina :: 01.01.2009 * 19:17
- Kaz :: Franta :: 02.01.2009 * 18:04
- moc pěkné :: Ky3ma :: 07.01.2009 * 12:13
- Držíme palce :: peto :: 08.01.2009 * 19:18
- .-) :: sakal :: 05.02.2009 * 01:30
- Promítání z Afriky čt. 12.3. Desert, Brno :: Vlasta (Brno) :: 07.03.2009 * 11:57