PWC 2006 - Slovenia
In slovenian city Kobarid today began already fourth leg of PWC. Due to nice weather conditions most of competitors arrived for flying couple of days before the beginning of the race. Comparing to previous legs in Austria and Switzerland the weather looks finally promising...
- Sunday, 3rd September 2006 - we have first valid task!
- Monday, 4th September 2006 - overcast
- Tuesday, 5th September 2006 - beatiful, long task!
- Wednesday, 6th September 2006 - nice weather, another task
- Thursday, 7th September 2006 - flying again
- Friday, 8th September 2006 - cold front, rest day
- Saturday, 9th September 2006 - winning ceremony
Sunday, 3rd September 2006 - we have first valid task!
Today, a pass of a light cold front was predicted and morning sky covered with high clouds doesn´t look very promising. But because it doesn´t blow any wind nor does it rain, we are heading to the main take-off Stol on the ridge west of Kobarid. The way up takes almost one hour and stony road is usable only for tough cars.
The weather improves during the day and organizators called a short task 51,7 km. The window was open at 1.30 p.m. First pilots flew to the west from Stol, then above the Kobarid and again around the take-off with a lot of fans to the west. Final section led to bridge in Volarje and then to the goal in Kobarid.
Thanks to better and better conditions during the afternoon the race was really superfast and already after 3 p.m. came at full speedbars first group with today´s winner austrian pilot Rudi Untermoser closely followed by british Ogden Russel and german Rudiger Gördes.
More than 90 pilots came to the goal within 10 minutes ! :-)